How Long Has This Been Going On? - Ray Charles
Losing a bit of November


The last two weeks have been busy - with wonderful things, but busy all the same.  I was looking forward to this week being calmer.  

Not so.  I won't be staying home any evening this week.  I usually like to have at least one or two evenings during the work week at home.  

I'm still getting caught up on all the things I didn't do last week, taking care of financial things, and trying to get to Zumba at least three times this week - along with homeschooling, of course.  

I'm still trying to get my blood pressure down normally, although I almost totally fell down on the things I've been trying to do last week.  I did do some eating that I didn't really want, but, overall, I ate less than during past Thanksgiving weeks.  All the de-stressing and learning how to relax stuff went totally out the window.  The bright spot, blood pressure-wise, was Zumba.  I went four times, which, last winter, kept my blood pressure the lowest it's been since I started having trouble.  I've been doing Zumba 4X/week for the last few weeks, and, so far, I haven't had any Achilles tendinitis or plantar fasciitis, which is what derailed my exercise last winter.  Up until last week, I'd been really working on the physical therapy exercises for my heel.  

I realized a few weeks ago that working on reducing my blood pressure during the holidays would be difficult.  The holidays are like a sprint from Thanksgiving on.   One evening, I started feeling hopeless.  Working on my blood pressure is getting in the way of all the rushing around that people are supposed to do.  Does one deserve to exist if one doesn't rush around?

Thank goodness for Zumba!  It cheered me up and made me determined again.  After class that evening, I decided that, even if I only got gift cards for people, I was still going to work on my bp.  

Back in October, when I was having really bad allergy problems, I had a difficult time falling asleep because my body wouldn't breathe in when I was lying down.  I had to sleep in a chair or propped up on a pillow for a week.  The doctor recommended me for a sleep study.  She'd asked about that back when I started having high blood pressure, but I didn't want to look into it because I didn't want to find out that I'd have to wear an ugly CPAP mask at night.

How romantic.

However, after all the drug reactions I've had the last few years, I'm not as worried about that anymore.  There are worse things than a machine.  

My sleep study is tomorrow night, and I'm dreading it.  I have a difficult enough time sleeping as it is, much less in a strange place hooked up to machines.  


The comments to this entry are closed.