To pass the time
May 24, 2010
A selection of links, heavy on musicals and movies, in honor of the Awkward Blogger, who is recovering from major surgery. When you get a chance to get online again, here are some things to distract you:
- At Adventures in the Endless Pursuit of Entertainment: See the World with Bernadette - about a concert, Stella is a Star by Bernadette Peters - about her recent book, additional Bernadette Peters posts, Angela Lansbury posts, Betty Buckley posts, and lots more.
- Younger son found out about Mystery Guitar Man's YouTube videos from a friend. Our favorites are: Kazoos, Broken Loop Machine, Paper Pixels, and Root Beer Mozart:
The Adama Glare (also known as the Glare of Death) is a formidable psychological weapon in the arsenal of William Adama. It is an alternative to Bill Adama's other main weapon, the Shield of Disapproval, activated by sudden eye-aversion. It is used to instill loyalty and to punish disloyalty...
- Cheeky Octopus at the Daily Dish
- Illumined Illusions writes about The Sound of Music and Singing in the Rain, among many others.
- Top 10 Oscar nomination snubs - starting with Fred Astaire.
Thank you, thank you! I can't wait to tuck in to all of these!
Posted by: Maryann | May 26, 2010 at 02:31 PM
I loved these! And I also watched "I need my Glasses" and "Transient." The latter is right up there with the others you posted...
Posted by: Steve | June 04, 2010 at 09:34 PM