Linkfeast - February 10, 2009
February 10, 2009
A very long linkfeast for gloomy winter days (which is when I put it together, though this week is nice). I've been gathering links of varying sorts - serious, musical, filmish, snarky, bawdy... Read at your own risk.
I wish I could write like that:
- The best opening line I've read in a while in Inaugural Address at If You Belonged Here:
- After reading two memes at Huh? The Blonde Goddess is Confused, I may never write another meme. Nothing I could write could ever match up. For instance, in Flopping Boobieland... she answers the 50 questions meme:
- Reservations Required, at Soliloquy, has wonderful bird photos.
- Validation. Daughter showed me this one. It's long, but watch all the way to the end.*
- Saturday Night Live: Save Broadway!
- Adventures in the Endless Pursuit of Entertainment has a post with photos of Saks Fifth Avenue's window display of Metropolitan Opera costumes.
- For Audrey Hepburn fans: Popdose reviews DVD's of "Funny Face" and "Breakfast at Tiffanys"
- At Gratuitous Violins, You Mess With Patty at Your Peril - Don't interrupt a Patti LuPone concert!
- At Wired: Strong Women Steer Battlestar Galactica:
The women of sci-fi have come a long way since then, and for proof, look no further than Battlestar Galactica.
Returning Friday night for the start of its final half-season, the
Peabody Award-winning television series continues to blend current
events and religion into its thoughtful story lines. Along the way, BSG has also conjured a gender-blind universe filled with female characters of genuine substance...
Along with the engrossing storyline, this is one of the things I love about BSG.
- The Most Welcoming of Suave Screen Icons, at the Washington Post, discusses Ricardo Montalban (here's the Star Trek part):
- At Via Negativa: Gone With the Windmills? A Plea to President Obama to Save the National Forests of Appalachia.
- Sergei Larenkov at Fima_Psuchopadt puts together current and WWII Russian photographs. [Hat tip, History News Network]
- Marginal Utility (at PopMatters) discusses the physicality of photos:
- Catholic Bibliophagist discusses the sequel to Niven and Pournelle's Inferno (which, if you haven't read it, is a retelling of Dante's Inferno in modern terms).
- On Poetry Friday, In Need of Chocolate posted Christina Rosetti's "Winter: My Secret."
And a LOLCat:
* She's got a beautiful smile!
I'm going to have to quit my job to keep up on all the fabulous blogs, including yours, which is always a delight.
Posted by: Lisa | February 10, 2009 at 08:42 PM
I am honored that you featured me on your Linkfeast.
As for writing like me...
Er...well...I am insane. You DO know that, right?
I LOVE your blog and the wide range of things you write about.
While I might have opinions about music and art and politics, I can't really put them into words as eloquently as you do.
I am strictly a crude humor kind of gal.
I admire your writing and the variety of things you write about.
You have such a diverse list of interests. Mine are pretty much limited to sex, nudity, farting and alcohol.
It's sad really...
Thank you for the wonderful compliment and believe me, coming from someone as talented as you are, it is a true compliment and one that I cherish.
Posted by: Tammie | February 11, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Lisa: Thank you! Glad to help tokeep you busy! (Like you need any help (grin)!)
Tammie: Thank you also! You may feel your interests are limited, but you write about them so creatively (and I really enjoy your use of pictures. Where do you find them all!).
Posted by: M Light | February 11, 2009 at 02:51 PM