I'm feeling better than yesterday. My knee has been better today, and I started the day swimming laps and watching the sunrise. I was even able to stay cheerful after the sun went down (which hasn't been happening lately). A good day - homeschooling, raking leaves, walking at Ayr Mont, and enjoying "Get Smart."
I haven't done a meme in a while. I got this one from Mommy Brain (I traced the meme back through a few blogs, and the numbering is strange on all of them):
1) How do you like your grilled cheese?
I'm copying Mommy Brain's answer on this one because I agree: On white bread, with Velveeta, light to medium brown with the cheese melted.
2) Where did you go on your last vacation?
Blowing Rock, NC.
3) Who are your godparents?
My aunt, and three friends of my parents.
4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Homeschooling younger son, and (hopefully) working part-time from home. This is partly for his sake - once the older two are at college, he doesn't need to be the only one around for me to worry about! I hope we're still in the same house. I love our yard and neighbors.
5) Where are you at noon everyday?
6) How many speeding tickets have you gotten?
One. The summer between high school and college. It's pretty much cured me of speeding.
15) When was the last time you swam?
14 hours ago.
16) What do you order at Subway?
I think we stopped there once on the way back from the beach
17) Do you keep your closets organized?
When they get difficult to deal with, we reorganize.
18) How do you make headaches go away?
19) Have you owned a beta before?
I had guppies.
20) If you moved out of state where would you go?
I don't want to move, but Virginia isn't too far. Maybe the Charlottesville area.
22) Did you attend pre-school?
23) What do your shower curtains look like?
Dolphins. It's also patched up with duct tape because no one wants to get a new one. We like dolphins.
24) Did you have an imaginary friend as a child?
Yes. Do I have to say how many?
25) How do you make eggs?
26) Where do you wash your clothes?
Laundry closet upstairs.
28) Who are the neighbors who live to the right of you?
They stay private online so I won't mention their names. Fun, bright people whose two children are younger son's good friends.
29) What are your thoughts on Tom Cruise?
I've only seen him in one movie, long ago, and my memories of that movie are mostly about Jack Nicholson.
30) What is the next vehicle you wish to buy?
Why isn't there a hybrid van?
31) Do you pay bills online or by mail?
Mail. I don't trust online.
32) What would be the best gift someone could get you right now?
Spring. Oh, something someone really could get? Music. [Like you're surprised about that one?!]
33) What is something stressful you will deal with next week?
Next week isn't really stressful. My knee surgery is the following week. More on that later.
34) What is something in your home that you collect?
Music. I also collect miniature tea sets (bet you wouldn't guess that one!).
35) What did you do last night?
Took a hot bath and read Dragonhaven.
36) Who did you last see?
Tamlin kitty just left.
37) How do you take your coffee?
38) What is the oldest thing in your fridge?
Probably (hopefully) the box of baking soda.
39) On your keyboard what key is wearing out from pressing it so much?
40) Where do you put your keys when you come home?
On the same counter every time.
41) Where do you go for Thanksgiving?
To my mother's house.
42) How old will you you be in 2010?
43) What actor or actress would play you in a movie?
44) How much cash is in your wallet?
45) Would you have a one night stand with your favorite movie star?
46) What color is your phone?
47) If you were starving to death would you eat a pet?
This is a horrible question.
48) Ever been to Alabama?
49) What kind of accent do you have?
50) What kind of alcoholic drinks are in your fridge right now?