- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Chocolate, as much as I love it, would get too monotonous. Therefore, pizza.
- What's the most nerve-racking "close call" you've ever had? When daughter was about 2, we were playing with some neighbors in their front yard. Daughter was standing right next to the neighbor when one of the kids kicked a ball into the road, and it started rolling downhill. Thinking that daughter was fine, I ran to get it, and turned around and looked uphill to see daughter running after me - with a car right behind her. The driver had a quick reaction, and daughter was fine - but she'd run so unexpectedly that the neighbor didn't catch her.
- Name five features your ultimate dream house would have. Most of them are in the library. Our current library is what should be the dining room in the house plan. We've got two computer desks and four bookshelves crammed in here, and the books are all double shelved with others lying sideways on top. I'd love to have a library big enough for lots of books - single shelved, a fireplace, some large windows, and room for a few comfortable chairs to snuggle in with a good book. I'd also love to have lots of windows in the whole house, a sunroom where I could also start seedlings in the winter, some large trees in part of the yard for shade, but also a large sunny spot for gardens and for apple trees (you have to have two).
- Who has been the most influential non-relative in your life? Non-relative. That knocks out lots of people. I'd have to say Father C. At a point where I was ready to give up on church, his sermons and his emphasis on welcoming people kept me going.
- What one non-physical feature would you most like to change about yourself? My temper (I mentioned this in another recent meme).
Rocks in My Dryer also has a funny post on the book The Purse-Driven Life and a link to a funny video by the author (Mothers, especially those in the throes of mothering, need to watch this!)(I don't say all of these things, but sometimes it's tempting).