Earlier this month, Jennifer at Sob'ah My Soul very kindly awarded me a Thinking Blogger Award (Thanks!).
These are the rules of participation:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
I find Jennifer's blog (one of my daily reads) very refreshing. Here are some more which refresh or challenge me (I've gone back and forth because there are so many, but I narrowed it down to 6).
- Monarch's Nature Blog which I only recently found and whose thoughtful observation and nature writing help me to slow down and look.
- Noli Irritare Leones (Do not irritate the lions) discusses Catholicism, Episcopalianism, Quakerism, music, singing, Africa, feminism and much more. Wide ranging and always thoughtful and interesting.
- Woolgathering, a beautiful artistic blog which also makes me slow down and look.
- Tightly Wound which I have been reading for quite awhile. She has a wonderful way of cutting through obfuscation, particularly in the academic realm.
- ...slowly she turned: a journal about simple living, slow food and sustainability. I'm not sure whether it says something about me or my life (or both) that so many of these are about slowing down, looking, and considering. A longtime read and thoughtful blog.
- Breakfast With Pandora, one of the blogs I've been reading the longest. It always makes me think (though I don't always agree). Go find out what "katabasis" means.
And, since this is my blog, I can add another one (regardless of the rules, which I know I'm vastly breaking at this point). Now, I'm actually familiar with many of the thoughts on Color Sweet Tooth before they're posted (as dh also is familiar with many of my posts before they actually occur), but it's always fun to see them take shape. Dh is definitely a thoughtful blogger (you think I could marry someone who isn't?)(thoughtful that is; the blogger part is optional). Besides, I'm curious to see whom he will nominate.