Daughter's here; the days are full.
Here are some interesting links I've found recently:
- Scouting New York* is one of my favorite architecture blogs. It's written by a Film Location Scout in NYC about unique and interesting buildings. The Abandoned Palace at 5 Beekman Street is about a beautiful building that hasn't been used since the 1940's. It has a nine story atrium with a huge skylight, wrought iron work, towers, etc. It's gradually being restored. The photos are fascinating!
- Someone needs to proofreed better. The Boston Globe explains how a "Snag in [the] health care law could cost children's hospitals millions:"
Partisan tensions on Capitol Hill are delaying efforts to fix an error in the federal health care law that could cost Children’s Hospital Boston and others like it millions of dollars in added drug costs...
The error was a simple and unintentional omission in the final, frenetic days of drafting the landmark legislation and reconciling House and Senate versions. Con gressional staff intended to allow children’s hospitals continued access to the portion of a federal program that offers below-market prices on 347 specific medicines for rare, life-threatening conditions. But that language was accidentally altered...
- The Singing Librarian Talks: Ramblings on libraries and life upon the wicked stage* writes In defence of Footlose [the theater musical adapted from the movie].
- You can join the Facebook group to support Cookie Monster in his quest to host Saturday Night Live:
* I've added both blogs to the blog roll.